Sunday, November 10, 2013

Korematsu Intermediate Spanish

Good evening Korematsu parents,
First off I’d like to apologize for posting this blog so late… We were having technical difficulties.
I’d like to start with a short biography of myself: My name is Juan Chavarin, currently attending the University of California Davis, where I am double majoring in Biological Chemistry and Spanish.  Aside from teaching Spanish to your brilliant children, I am a swim instructor and coach for the junior Olympics swim team. I’m very passionate when it comes to teaching because it gives everyone an opportunity to learn something new and use that knowledge to be successful in the future. Being part of this program has been very self-rewarding. Your children have surprised me by how quickly they can acquire the vocabulary that is taught in their language classrooms!
These last 8 weeks we have learn simple phrases such as: “my name is ____.” To more complex things like memorizing the alphabet in Spanish, learning how to count from 1-50 and a broad spectrum of colors.
            This week we will be going over “opposites” as well as learning the vocabulary for house pets, farm, and zoo animals.
            If any of you have any questions feel free to comment on this post or contact me by email.
Thank you,
Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment